Here are instructions how to set up your PayDent account and use the PayDent app to treat a patient.
To Set Up Your PayDent Account:
- Sign up sign up for a PayDent account here.
- Provide the information requested, including your bank information, so we can transfer payments directly to your account.
Once your account has been reviewed and activated, access it at here. Bookmark this page or follow the video instructions to add the PayDent icon to your tablet or phone.
To Treat a Patient:
- Log into your account.
- Select Search Patient from the main menu.
- Enter the patient's 10-digit code. The patient must provide you with this code per HIPAA law.
- Search for the patient's information.
- Select Add Treatment.
- Enter the appropriate procedure code for the upcoming treatment.
- Note: When you enter the first few characters of the procedure you want to add, the app will search the treatment list. You must enter D as the first character to display the entire list.
- Note: The app checks the patient's account balance with each additional procedure to ensure funds are available to pay for the treatment. The app will not allow you to add a procedure without a sufficient balance in the patient's account.
- Select the procedure that you want to add and click Add.
- Once you have added all of the procedures for this treatment, click Save.
- The new treatment will now be included in the patient's Treatment History.
- You may now treat the patient.
- When treatment is complete, select it from the patient's Treatment History.
- A new screen will be displayed showing that treatment and some new options.
- At this point, you can select Cancel Treatment Plan, Hold Payment, or Patient Signature.
- Note: Selecting Hold Payment will mark funds in the patient's account as reserved for this treatment. The patient will not be able to use these funds for any other treatment until the hold is released or the treatment is completed.
- Note: Selecting Patient Signature will open a window where the patient can use their fingertip to sign on a phone or tablet, or use a mouse or touchpad to sign on a computer. Once the signature is captured, the app will automatically mark the treatment as complete and will forward a request to PayDent for payment.
- Payment will be made as quickly as possible, usually within a few hours, directly to the bank account on file.
For support, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 630-418-3309.